Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beetroot pickle

A very simple but really delicious pickle. I have always loved it when I eat it with biryanni from restaurents in calicut.

Beetroot-1 no(Grated)
Garlic-1 tbsp(minced)
Green Chilly-3 no(minced)
Pickle powder-2 tsp. (or)
        Chilly powder-2 tsp.
        Hing/Asafoetida-3/4 tsp
Salt to taste.
Vinegar-2 tsp


1. Mix all the ingredients nicely.Then add vinegar.Pickle is ready.
2. Great combination for biryani.     
                                                  
                                  

13 comments:

  1. This is a new combination for biryani but it looks lovely and nice....
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. never had beets pickle..something new tome..

    hey dear,..u've a surprise waiting in my blog..do vist soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. colorful pickle and also gud for health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting n colorful..thanks for sharing :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful n tangy pickle..i shud say:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and unique pickle, looks inviting !

    First time here you have a lovely space, just added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful recipe with beets...I liked your beets rice too...I hav to post my version of beets rice :) ...thanks for visiting ...n glad to follow you

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this...have one jar in my pantry :)
    looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like such a quick and delicious way to pickle beetroots! Have to try it soon... thanks for ue comments on my blog :) looking forward to browsing all ur delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to vist my small world of cooking. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Happy cooking!

ShareThisFinal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...